Wyświetl pojedyńczy post
stare 12-12-2007, 23:29   #1
aishah123
konto nieaktywne

Kraj partnera: Indie
Domyślnie Polish Immigration

I was just looking some other forum about immigration, i found very interesting stories about people who gone thru polish immigration.
As you know i have posted one complain about my husband and polish immigration on "formalities", i was just thinking that maybe im too sensitive about this, but u can see other people stories and it shows that i was right about polish immigration, they really bad about foreginers.

Just have a look about other people opinions and expierence:

Story #1

I feel for ya man, I really do. My fiance is Polish, I am South Korean and we are planning to get married next Autumn.. I have been visiting her almost once every month the past 10 months as she needs to finish up her Masters degree back in Poland... and everytime I travel there, I get sh*t. EVERYTIME. Immigration officers ask me tons of questions, however, most of them are civil. If I dont get sh*t from the officers, I get stared at wherever I go, women/men/children, you name it (no I am NOT paranoid) so it isn't exactly pleasant being there, especially when my Polish is at a very basic level.

Mind you, I dont mind those that stare at me/us outta curiousity (oh, what an interesting/odd couple), it is those that stare out of "hate" or give me the a look that offend and upset me. I just have to take it.

One particular bad experience went like this (honest):

*Officer looks at passport, looks at me* Repeat twice.

"What was your purpose of your visit?"
"I was visiting my fiance"
"She lives here?"
"Yes, she is Polish"
"What does she do?"
"She is finishing her Masters degree here in Krakow"

*Officer looks at passport, flips through each page with all stamps*

"How long were you here?"
"1.5 weeks"
"You travelled here before?"
"Yes, like I said, my fiance lives here so I have to visit her often"

*Officer looks through passport again*

"What do you do in England?"
"I'm studying there as well"

*At this point, his colleague comes in the booth, they have a chat, both looking through my passport*

His colleague now

"You say you are studying in England?"
"Yes, you can see my visa on that page"

*His tone gets very aggressive now*

"You are studying music?"
"Yes I am"
"What instrument do you play?"
"I used to play the classical piano, but the degree actually has to do a lot with studio techniques and such"

*I get a blank look*

"Look, I dont see what the problem is. I have my student card, my UK visa is clearly there in front of you, which means that I can legally enter England?"

*First officer stamps my passport*

Pissed off doesnt begin to explain how I felt that day... Apart from these experiences, I do like Poland. However, I find that I either hate the Poles, or love them... sorry for the long post.

I really sympathize with people like you because you have to go there regularly unlike me. I've made my first and last visit to Poland. What i experienced is quite similar to your. I have my passport stamped after telling them off in a very rude way. I even refused to answer certain questions by telling them that they were irrelevant. Frankly speaking i was only there on a one day transit and i wouldnt have given a damn even if i was refused entry. I will not swap my dignity for entry into a country that has nothing but contempt for it.

Story #2

do feel sorry for you super ! I thought it was only Me getting sh*t like that because of a Pakistani passport !! I have been reading through this post and would like to share my experience in here. I have been coming to Poland to see my girl-friend ( now my wife ) and every time, I have been facing the same attitude.
The first time I came, I was standing in the queue and a couple of guys still ahead of me. The immigration office looked at me and made a face like ( what are you doing here ? ) and he made it very clear. Went to the counter and here it goes.

Flipping through my passport as if he was looking for something

are you from Pakistan ? ( as if my passport was not that of Pakistan )
yes
what are you visiting Poland for ?
to see my girl-friend
Is she from Pakistan ?
no she is Polish
how long are you here for ?
three days
where are you staying ?
I pointed the address of hotel in the booking letter I had
how much cash do you have ?
600 pounds
600 dollars ?
no pounds, british pounds
pound ? what is it ? show me
I took a note out and showed him picture of the queen

then everything goes quite, he scanned my visa for I think 10 times and asked me to write my name and date of birth on a sheet of paper ( God knows what for ) stamped the passport and said ok go. From his face and those of others around me, it was looking like I had a bomb tied to my chest and was going to blow everything up !!

Second time, I came it was even worse !

I went to the counter and gave him my passport. After just looking at it, he asked me to go and sit there and wait. When everyone else was gone, he asked me to come to him. Went there and here we again.

Flipping through every page of my passport

Why are you in Poland ?
to see my girl-friend
is she Polish ?
yes
how long are you staying ?
7 days
what date do you return ? he asked this inspite of my return ticket being in front of him !
told him the date ( I don't remember what was it )
then another guy who was probably his boss and who has been looking at me all the time from inside a glass booth, started walking to him. This guy lifted my passport in his hand to show it to them and then three of them came alongwith this boss. now the boss looking at my passport and as usual checking every page of it, says

what do u do in England ?
I am studying
in London ?
no Birmingham
how long have you been there for ?
4 years
why did you come to Poland ?
to see my girl-friend
when did you meet your girl-friend ?
4 years ago

he then walked off and another guy was in the booth now

Started chacking every page of my passport, looking at the picture and me, as if in a great doubt of the picture being mine

What do you do in England ?
I study there, I just told this guy
yes but now you are talking to me !
oh ok
when did you apply for the visa ?
two weeks ago
You live in Birmingham, why did you apply in London ?
because there is no Polish consulate in Birmingham
where is your family ?
in Pakistan
so how do you live alone in England ?
because I study there and I live with my friends
in a hostel ?
no in a house-share
why not in a hostel ?
because thats too expensive
and coming to Poland is cheap ?
no its not, but I don't mind spending money to see my girl-friend
where do you study ?
University of Birmingham
how long do you still have to study for ?
1 year but I have told all these things to the embassy when I applied for visa...
you go to US, you go germany, you go to france, anyone can ask and this is my right to ask questions. ( this was loud enough to bring others back to the booth )
where does your girl-friend live ?
I don't remember her address
do you remember her name ?
yes
write it here
I wrote her name on a sheet of paper
where does she live ?
I said I don't remember her address, she is here to recieve me, you can ask her
ok wait here

he then went and called on the loud-speaker for my girl-friend who had come to the airport. She later told me that he was asking if I know you, I said he is my boy-friend and then he said ok.he then came to me, scanned my visa again ( something which he has been doing during my entire interrogation ) stamped my passport and said ok. After I took the luggage from the belt, he came running after me and asked for the booking letter of the hotel coz he forgot to note the address !

I don't know how to express my feelings after getting through this because I thought I was being punished for being a Pakistani and a Muslim but I had no idea people from other richer and more respectable countries like South Korea and Malaysia were going through the same misery. Its really ...... don't know the word.

Apart from that, the strange looks is another reality. Again I thought it was only Me because of my skin color but I am shocked to know that people from other countries ( who don't look like terrorists ) also get the same sh*t !

but in the end, I guess we have to live with it.
aishah123 offline   Odpisz cytując cytuj zaznaczone